I was asked to join a group of ladies in BUNCO. I haven’t played since my family was stationed in Hawaii over five years ago. It was a great night of fun, food and fellowship with other moms, business owners, Army wives and coaches wives.
Have you thought of planning a fun gathering for your besties but don’t know where to start? Start with…
1. Decide on your theme, date and time. Will it be a small fall festival with soup, salad and games? Have you thought about a wine and cheese party and incorporating a purse exchange?
2. After your theme has been decided, compile your guest list and contact your invitation designer so he/she will have time to complete your order. Make sure those invites match your theme. Nothing against evite but this isn’t the time. Make sure you have decided on your menu – whether you are providing all of the food or making it a potluck. That’s important info to include on your invitaton.
4. Make your task list – don’t forget to include your grocery shopping list.
5. Depending on what you are serving, shop for your food at least a day or two before the party. The ideal time for shopping for games and decor is at least three weeks before the party. This leaves time just in case you have to travel to different stores or possibly place an on-line order.
6. On party day, complete all task early enough so that you can relax before your guests arrive.
7. Have fun and enjoy your friends.
Leave me a comment and tell me what fun party themes have you designed lately?
Lotoya Vongrechin says
I have never heard of Bunco. It sounds like fun for a GNO party. How fun. Your tips are perfect for planning a GNO party, thanks for sharing now I have an ideas for the holidays.
Tanza Cooper says
Lotoya, Some people don’t like BUNCO because they consider it gambling since you use dice. But, it’s all in the fun. I’m glad you could get some holiday ideas from this post.