Wedding details matter! Details are the special items that add personalization to your wedding. Throughout the wedding, your guests should be able to immediately recognize items/experiences that are unique to you.
The three most important components about details are
- The details should be important to you.
- The details should be unique to you.
- The details should bring you joy.
During the planning process, write down your hobbies, likes, dislikes and things that light your heart on fire. With this list in hand, decide on a way to add some of these elements during your big day.
Do you have your list but you are still struggling with ideas? Here are some neat ways to incorporate some special details.
- All of your family and friends know that cotton candy is your favorite dessert. Why not have a cotton candy cart at the reception?
- Are you a lover of bling? A touch of bling can be added in the napkin rings or add a sequin linen to the cake table or the sweetheart table. Better yet, wear bling stilettos down the aisle.
- If one of you can be found on the golf course every spare moment, bring in some miniature golf games for guests during the cocktail hour.
- Add in some of your cultural traditions to the ceremony or reception.
There isn’t a right or wrong answer when it comes to details. Another couples’ details most likely will look totally different from yours. Take your time and find the uniqueness that is all you.
Next Friday is Valentine’s Day. Ladies, if you are not already engaged, I hope you get that sparkly diamond on this day of love. Next Sunday ends our Sunday School Lessons For Engaged Couples. You can always go directly to the blog, put this title into the search bar or choose the same title under categories, pour your favorite drink and binge read our past lessons.