Have you received alot of solicited and unsolicited advice since planning your wedding? At times, the “noise” can be too much and you don’t know who to listen to except your wedding planner. It’s always great to get advice from others all while deciphering the particular information that works best for you.
What if that advice comes from previous couples who may have been married within the last few years? I think it’s pretty cool to hear from others who not too long ago was enduring the same thing as you. I reached out to a few of my previous couples (and others) and asked if they had advice for brides and grooms currently planning their wedding. Enjoy their advice.
- Mr and Mrs. T stated “Whether planning a casual destination wedding or a top-shelf event in your hometown, a great wedding planner is a MUST. From the small details to the major snafus, your wedding planner will take it all on. All that’s left for you to do is enjoy one of the best days of your life!”
- “Start the planning process with a budget. The budget may change over the course of the process but you can’t get to where you are going if you don’t know how to get there.” Mr. D.
- “When my wife told me that she had met a wedding planner she wanted to use, I was originally very hesitant to spend the money on it. All I can say is it was the best money I spent out of all the things we decided on. Best. Decision. Ever!” Mr. and Mrs. L.
- Mrs. A says to “make sure to choose wisely the people in your bridal party. It’s better to have two good friends versus 10 people who really don’t want to be standing there with you.”
- “Cherish the planning process” stated Mrs. K. “The months go by way too fast.”
It’s great to hear from other couples because listening and learning is how you grow. Hopefully, you enjoyed hearing from someone who was in your shoes within the last few years.
Leave a Reply