I want to hire you. What are the next steps?
My process begins with a complimentary “get to know you” consultation via phone, in-person or Skype/Google Hangouts. After this initial consultation, the following steps are next in the process:
- I send you a custom proposal that entails my services and your investment fee.
- You accept the proposal.
- We electronically sign an agreement.
- You pay the non-refundable retainer fee.
- We meet to discuss your vision and start planning your big day.
What are the steps of the planning process?
My planning process consists of five phases.
- Connect phase – The first step is to get you acquainted with the online planning program that will house the pertinent information pertaining to your celebration such as our to-do list, your budget, RSVP management, creative team members (vendors) and the design process. Here, I will learn a little more about you, your story, values and any details that will aid in designing a celebration unique to you. After hearing your story, I will recommend the best venue and photographer that fits your vision and budget.
- Design phase – We will have in-depth conversations about the overall look and feel of your day so that I can give you and your guests the best experience possible. Afterward, I will create a custom detailed design proposal to bring your vision to life. The best creative team members will be recommended to you to ensure all of the details from the approved design proposal fit your celebration perfectly. LHE works with some of the best teams in the industry but with the understanding, you may have other professional vendors that you prefer. However, those recommended by LHE were carefully sourced based on their experience, your design proposal, budget, and needs. During the design phase, you should secure and book your remainder creative team members.
- Planning phase – All of the planned details will start to come together. I will serve as the liaison between you and your hired team members. You and I will be in constant contact throughout to ensure the process is progressing smoothly.
- Final prep phase – Approximately five to six weeks before your celebration day, we will begin the final planning stages of producing the event day timeline, following up with your creative team members and wrapping up any last minute plans that will need attention.
- Celebrate phase – It is celebration day! My team and I will be there to manage your creative team members, logistically coordinate the flow of the day and ensure your set-up and vision is met.
What forms of payment do you accept?
I accept cash and money orders. You may also pay via square invoice or QuickBooks invoice with a credit or debit card.
Will I lose control of my celebration, if I allow you to become my planner?
Absolutely not! I do ask for the creative freedom to plan according to your vision but throughout the entire process, you will be consulted on every detail. Ultimately, the final decision is yours.
Will you take more than one celebration per day?
No! I believe that each and every client is special and I want to treat you as such. I’m adamant about ensuring my focus is only on you. Therefore, my services are designed to manage one celebration per day.
Would you be able to provide references?
Of course! In the meantime, check out what they are saying here.
I heard it all started with a “Clean Up The Office Day”. Is this true?
Yes! A long time ago, I worked as a Publishing Consultant for a major company that manufactured school yearbooks. My supervisor asked me to coordinate a “clean up the office day”. I felt I needed to make this dreaded day into a fun event. Thus, the “Clean Up the Office Day” was born complete with food and a scavenger hunt with prizes. This once tedious task was birthed into an anticipated monthly event with a different theme and activity. Of course, all planned by numero uno. This, my friends, was the start of my love for planning events.
Fast forward to January 4, 2007, after planning FREE events for family, friends, co-workers, church and my sorority, I decided to make LeeHenry Events (LHE) an official business. I’ve been living and rocking my passion ever since. On January 1, 2015, LeeHenry Events became a LLC.
Why the name LeeHenry Events?
Lee is my mother and grandmother’s middle name and Henry is my father’s middle name. My mother and grandmother were two of the most fashionable ladies I know. If “fashionista” was a word back then, they would certainly have been described as such. Their style was classic and timeless with a hat to match every outfit. My father was full of life and always wore a smile on his face. Naturally, their huge influence on my life played an important role when it was time to name my business.