Last week, I gave you the first 6 steps to tackle your wedding planning to-do list. If you missed that post, you can check it out here. Checking items off my never ending to-do list always add a smile to my face. What about you?
Now that you have completed those first five steps, (insert happy dance), I want to help you with #6 on the list. Here are 5 things to consider and ask the venue coordinator when trying to navigate the selection of your reception venue.
1. Before you start the process, make a wish list of the things that are important and rank them in order. Are you planning a religious ceremony in a church and a reception in a different venue? If so, you will have to consider two separate venues. The driving distance between the two must be carefully considered. To accommodate your guests, you can offer a shuttle service to transport guests to the reception and back.
2. What season are you having your wedding? If it will take place in the winter, make sure your reception venue can accommodate an indoor reception. If not, this could be an added expense to your budget because you may need to rent a tent and heaters.
3. Can the venue accommodate your number of guests? When it is empty, the space could appear to accommodate everyone but don’t forget the essentials such as table, chairs, bar, etc. Once these items are in place, you will lose alot of the empty space.
4. Do you consider having a cocktail hour important? Make sure your venue can accommodate a separate space for this hour. Some venues will use a private lobby or a space outside of the main room.
5. Does your venue choice fit well with your theme? If you are having a black tie wedding, I don’t think the ladies in long dresses and 3 inch heels will appreciate trekking through beach sand to get to your outdoor beach reception.
Remember to be considerate of your guests while keeping in mind the elements of the reception venue that is most important to you.
Are you looking for a reception venue? What is the most important element to you? Stay tuned for a special venue event coming soon.